Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to access mailbox - No Last Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMCTech

Programmer
Oct 27, 2005
US
Does anybody know how can I access a mailbox that has no Last name?

We're running Callpilot 2.01l and we have 3 mailboxes from when we upgraded from MMail that don't have last names and now there's no way to acces them.

This hadn't been an issue, until today, now I have to add fax capability to one of them and I don't want to just go and recreate the mailbox if there's a different way of accessing it.

Are you sure the mailboxes are actually there? Have you reviewed the migration log to see if they may have errored out at all? My guess would be that they didn't migrate because of no last name; you can fix the program in MMail and then run a migration tape on those mailboxes, or just rebuild the mailbox in the Call Pilot.

Yes, they are there, we've had Callpilot for over a year now, I can see the mailboxes on the list, but there's no link for me to click on because there's no last name.

These are "communal" mailboxes, basically accessed by whoever's on-call that's why my last resource is to delete the one that needs the change.

I found a way to do it. Selected the square next to the LAST NAME field (where you put the checkmark) and then I hit TAB on my keyboard. Amazingly it went and selected the empty LAST NAME field, and I hit enter and was in the mailbox.

Hopefully this wil be useful for someone in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back