Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to access db after upgrading to PSQL 9.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilioantonio

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
IT
Hy all

I successfully access tha data of a btrieve format database via the following ODBC DSN-less
connection using Pervasive.SQL 2000 Workstation engine and VB6.
Dim adoConn As New ADODB.Connection
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
With adoConn
.Provider = "MSDASQL"
.ConnectionString = "driver={Pervasive ODBC Client Interface};ServerName=;ServerDSN=;dbq="N:\database\man10";
.Open
End With

rst.Open "select * from " & Chr$(34) & "deviation surveys" & Chr$(34) & " order by .....

After ugrading from Pervasive.SQL 2000 Workstation engine to Pervasive.SQL 9.50 Workstation engine
I run my application and i realised that i was no longer able to access tha data of my database, having the following error:

[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface][Data record manager]No such table or object

I can create and access the database through Pervasive control center and if i use the engine DSN created with PCC into the vb6 connection string it works perfectly (..dbq=DSNdbname;).

Can anyone suggest where and how i can fix the connection string to let it work perfectly under PSQL 9.50?.

Thanks in advance

Benedetto

According to the docs, the DBQ parameter is the Database Name and does not support paths. While older versions of PSQL may have supported paths, newer versions don't. All of the docs I've got shows that the DBQ parameter is a database name and not a path. This includes PSQL v8 and 2000i.

The solution for you is to create the database name on the server and use that in the connection string.

You can use the DTO object to create database names within your program.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back