Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

un-flag reinitialization for trans subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2003
US
Here's my predicament. I changed the filter on an article within a subscription, but not in a meaningful way. I just added "database.dbo." before a column name, but now my subscription is flagged for reinitialization, and won't replicate any transactions unless I start over with a new snapshot. I don't want that to happen. How can I reset the article properties somewhere to get it back the way it was and continue replicating transactions.

(I needed to add "database.dbo" so that another job that looks at the filter info would point to the correct database. Next time maybe I'll just modify the table that stores the filter info)

The reason I don't want to snapshot from the beginning is that I have procedures on the subscribing server that fire triggers from the transactions, so all the jobs "downstream" would get all out of sync.

HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back