Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UMS Web Services for Hunt Group Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demce0501

Technical User
Jul 11, 2013
US
Currently working with IP Office Manager 9.1 and we are using UMS Web services, to check voicemail via the web browser. I can enable users, and they are able to successfully login. I need a Hunt Group to have access as well. Based on documentation, it should be going to the voicemail tab, and check UMS Web Sevices and save it, just like a user. But, when I try to login as the hung group, it is telling me, Login not allowed, the user does not have UMS license. But IT IS selected. Not too sure where else to check. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

UMS Web Services Default = Off.
This option is used with Voicemail Pro. If enabled, the hunt group mailbox can be accessed using either an IMAP email client or a web browser. Note that the mailbox must have a voicemail code set in order to use either of the UMS interfaces. UMS Web Service licenses are required for the number of groups configured.
In the License section, double-clicking on the UMS Web Services license display a menu that allows you to add and remove users and groups from the list of those enabled for UMS Web Services without having to open the settings of each individual user or group.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I have gone through the basics, which you mentioned and thank you for that. Can you confirm a couple of things for me please. We are currently running Avaya IP office Manager 9.1 and Voicemail Pro 9.1. Doesn't Office Manager come with a certain amount of licenses that allows for use of UMS Web Services? Even though I don't see the license, in the license section, I do have it enabled for a few users and they are able to access their VM via a web browser. It just doesn't work for my Group, that I want it working for. Am I wrong about the built-in licenses?

Quote from the documentation: "These licenses are used to enable UMS voicemail services support for users set to the Basic User profile. Other users are enabled for UMS through their licensed user profile. These licenses are also used to license hunt groups
for UMS voicemail services."

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back