Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Umountable_boot_volume error.. help pls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpadilla

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
US
I've been having a problem with a new P4 pc that I just recently aquired. 95% of the time it gets rebooted I get a blue screen saying Umountable_boot_volume, when I eventually get into windows everything seems very slow. I have done a /chkdsk /r, fixboot. I have also switched my ide cables for my hds and the same thing occurs. I'm thinking about updating my bios but I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this before.

I'm using windows XP pro, I have done all critical updates, using an Intel board and P4 chip.

any help would be very appreciated

thx.

Boot into->

Recovery console

chdsk -r

This will fix it........... JeffS

Thanks for all the replies, I've tried doing the Intel updates for the motherboard and while trying to install I get this blue screen with the same error 'unmontable_boot_volume' I'm beginning to think its my HD, I did a chkdsk /r and when it rebooted it game the same screen. I really have nothing installed since I try to reinstal xp 2x on this system. At this point all i can do is chat this pc and nothing else.. if i even try to open up word i get the blue screen, I have to reboot like 40x in order to finally let me go into windows. Plus I heard my hd making sound loud ass noise when it was being rebooted so again.. i'm starting to point my finger on the hd.

oh the dreaded noise of the HD, yep a hardware problem...... JeffS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back