Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UML Case Study wanted - Problem Description, Solution, Implementation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzhg

Programmer
May 24, 2002
US
I think a good case study will be a big help in learning OOAD. Does anyone have a COMPLETE Case Study? I have been searching it for years and got nothing till today.

A complete case study should have:
1. A clear Problem Description or Requirement. ( From Customer)

2. Object-Oriented Analysis in UML diagrams. ( Developed from the requirement )

3. Object-Oriented Design in UML diagrams. ( From Analysis)

4. Implementation in Java. ( From Design )

Please post it if you have one, we all appreciate you.
Please reply if you need one. Let's see how many people need it.

Seems as though this thread has been overlooked so I thought I would add my 2-cents.

I doubt whether a complete study could really fit on these pages, but I suggest you check out the following book as it contains pretty much what you are after.

Applying UML and Patterns by Craig Larman.

It takes you through the complete OOAD process from initial use cases to method/function definition and application development. Great stuff. Good luck.[pipe]

Talk about a message in a bottle!

I happen to have a book sitting beside my keyboard now that is almost exactly what you want - except the examples are vb not java.

Developing Applications With Visual Basic And UML.
Paul R Reed Jr
ISBN 0-201-61579-7

I regularly return to this book to revise my UML understanding from analysis to implementation. The whole book is one big use case.

Cheers,

Brett.

Brett Birkett B.Comp
Systems Analyst

I think "Clouds to Code" has most of what you're looking for, although the implementation language is C++, not Java.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back