Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Umax Astra 2000 USB Scanner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzgirl

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have the above scanner and its been working on my system since I installed Windows 2000 (updated with SP2) several months ago. The scanner worked fine even after the SP2 install. System specs: Epox 8KTA3 mb, 1.2ghz Tbird, 256 megs PC100 ram, Geforce 2MX 32mb video card, SB Live Platinum sound card (works great!), Netgear FA311 10/100 network card, CDRW, DVD. I scanned one document yesterday successfully and added another document to scan and received the error "00000000h" with a button labeled "diagnose" that was disabled. Today while perusing around device manager I noticed there were two instances of the VIA USB Universal Host Controller and the USB root hub. I believe there is only supposed to be one of each. I do have a USB Logitech Quikcam Home and an Epson 900 USB printer. Both work just fine. Its just the scanner that doesn't work suddenly. This board helped me so much with a USB problem I had with my other system that I thought I'd ask. I deleted both instances of the USB root hub and host controller but they both came back. No hardware/software changes have been made so all of this is really strange. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

Try updating your USB controller. You need the 4 in 1 driver and USB Filter. Go to and get one of the 4 in 1 drivers. Then go to the driver search and type USB Filter and download that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back