Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM8000 & SV8300 Message Waiting Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcmbmt

Technical User
Jan 15, 2008
VN
Our customer has UM8000 working with SV8300. We can leave voicemail but the message waiting lamp not ON. Setting as below:
1. UM8000: System -> Switch ->MWI -> ON Code (*50), OFF Code (#50)
2. SV8300: CM20
-->MW Lamp Control Set: *50 - A040,
-->MW Lamp Control Reset: #50 - A041

From phone, I can use *50 + extension / #50 + extension to activate/deactivate Message Lamp.

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Check CMD 1303. It must be set to 0 to allow MW light per extension.

Did 1303 fix it? From your description I think if the dial codes work the trouble may not be 1303, but the voicemail. Someone may have changed the MWI for a mailbox or the whole (system). Is this a systemwide issue or per user?

teamonesolutions.com

1303 already set. As I can use *50 (A040)/#50(A041) + extension to turn on/off message waiting lamp on that phone. However, MWL on the same phone not work for new voice mail. Are those code I put on UM8000 correct? If not, which SV8300 feature code should i put in?

I think you are not supposed to put any codes in yourself. They should be there automatically. I don't have time to check another system right now, but they should be left alone.

Do other mailboxes work with MW lights? You never said if this was a global or single user issue?

teamonesolutions.com

For my UM8000 I have:

Under System - Switch - MWI

Enable Message Waiting Indication (MWI) Message Waiting Indicator codes
On ( activation ) code X
Off ( deactivation ) code X

And,

Under System - Switch - Switch Information

Switch: NEC SV8300/9300 -> VMIP
Integration options: F1 ISVM=10,15 CID=0,1 RCV=6,10 INT=DIGITAL OTL=5

@bjsvec: MWL don't work for whole system. Without setting anything, It also doesn't work
@neax: Could you please explain more detail about your setting?

"
On ( activation ) code X
Off ( deactivation ) code X "
What does it mean for code X?

I have no idea about
"Switch: NEC SV8300/9300 -> VMIP
Integration options: F1 ISVM=10,15 CID=0,1 RCV=6,10 INT=DIGITAL OTL=5"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back