Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UM4730 and SV9300

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXtac

Vendor
Sep 9, 2011
US
Connecting UM4730 to SV9300 via IP. For some reason the station ports on the UM4730 will not register to the SV9300. Says "disconnecting" and then gives error message. Programming on SV9300 looks OK, AVST says they are good. Not sure what the issue is at this point. Anyone been successful and have any "cheat" sheets to verify setup once more. Able to connect IP set to the SV9300. But, every now and then the IP sets goes off, reboots and then comes back. Wondering if a network issue. Customer has spanning tree on which has always been a problem with NEC and says they can't turn it off.

I had the same thing happen twice last year and in October of 2021. All were caused by different problems.

First thing make sure you are using the latest software and all of the patches. There was a bug introduced in one of the versions that caused problems if the switch version was changed for any reason. When you changed the switch type a value in the database was deleted. This value told the system to use UDP as the connection method. With that value deleted the ports don't know how to connect. Back then the only way to fix it was to manually put the value into the field. That was fixed in a later release.

Check your time zone. If you don't have the right Time Zone the system will fail to register the ports. This is another one that burnt me last year. For Eastern US the proper setting is 5estedt or something like that. This is something to look for but I bet AVST already checked it. If they didn't you better. It is a simple time killer.

The last one that burnt me was a default setting. The UM4730 document only lists commands that are required that are not the default values. There are required commands that you might have as a different value that will stop the ports from registering. At this point I don't remember the command but we found it or them in the UM8700 integration manual. Look at that manual and you will see additional commands not listed in the UM4730 manual.

Lastly remember the 6 minute rule. If the clock in the UM4730 is off by over 6 minutes the license validity will break (even if using a hardware dongle). This will not stop the ports from registering but will give you quite the scare when you see the license error message.

Hope that helps

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back