Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ultradev (Database Connections) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekwit

Technical User
May 19, 2001
I am using Ultadev 4.0. I am trying to connect to a local database on my hard drive and test the site on my computer. I have mad my DSN connection and it works fine. When I go to my databinding using coldfusion I am able to make a recordset. When I do a query on that recordset I can view all of my data with no problem. "Here is where I am having the problem." Under my recordset in the data Binding section there is a list of all of the field in my database I click a drag them into a new page that I have saved as a asp file. When I try to View > Live data I get a "HTTP Error 405" The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME type set up for the resource you are requesting.

Are you testing in a server environment???

ASP pages have to run on http:// to function properly -- you can't just run it from c:
Look into PWS (personal web server -- just do a search on your hard drive for it) if you're on a Win9x box, and if you're using NT or Win2K, then make sure that IIS is running, and you have the pages in a "published" directory --

If this makes sense, great. If not, post back.

:)
Paul Prewett

I am somewhat of a Newbie to Dreamweaver. I installed PWS and Coldfusion. When I try to view live data is where I get the area. If I just do a F12 I can view the page but it only shows the fields not the data? I may not be answering your question properly. If you get a chance let me know how to view in server environment. I would like to thank you for your post and help in the future have a great day...

Derek

Well -- here's a little crashcourse -- but looking into the help files on "publishing" pages will probably help, too.

Basically, if you just hit F12, then you're viewing the web page from your hard drive, and all the HTML is being interpreted and displayed... but that's it --

No server side language is being looked at. Why? Because you're not a server. That's why you have to view it from a "published" directory using the prefix http:// --

Hitting F12 will never show you the data --

So how do you do it? Ok (again... crash course) -- Start your PWS server -- should be the 'publish' icon on your desktop -- just hit start in the window that pulls up. Then, use 'My Computer' to browse over to the directory where the files you want to view are stored. Once you find that directory, right click and choose properties (the folder, not the file) -- and pick on the web sharing tab. Type in a name for your directory. Maybe 'derekTest' would be good -- click 'OK' and the directory is now 'published'

So now your PWS service is started (which means you have a server environment on your PC) and your directory is published (which means you can get to it via
Now, open up your favorite browser, and type this in:

Or whatever your file name is on the end there --

See if that clears it up for you.

:)
Paul Prewett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back