Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UltraDev as a corporate development tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bironman

Programmer
Jul 27, 1999
EC
Have someone used UltraDev as a corporate development tool? We, at my company, are evaluating to migrate our business applications (client/server) to web accessed applications with UD4 + JSP + Informix.
Any experience, any opinion?
Thanks in advance.

ACtually, I have consulted with one company that was giving it a test run. They were generally put off at first, but got accustomed to not seeing the Microsoft logo relatively quick.

I personally think it pounds the daylights out of Interdev. It's easier to use, comprehensive and chock full of the necessary odds and ends. Oh yea, you don't have to deal with extensions, if that is your wish. You can also control projects and notate just like in FrontPage and Interdev.

Warning: you might go thru M$ withdrawals, but it's worth it once you get acclimated to using DW. ;) "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission." - Rear Admiral Dr. Grace Hopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back