Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ultra Dev Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baph

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
NZ
I am lost!! I have been working throught the ASP tutorial of UD4. I downloaded the MS PWS, installed it exactly as the tutorial said. Followed everything to a T, but when it came to doing a live test it get a error saying basicly:
HTTP 404 error.
Here are two possible faults
1)There is no application server running on "c:/interpub/MyTutorialSite" folder
2) the "c:/interpub/MyTutorialSite" does not map to " URL on the application server.

I'm pretty sure that its not 1) though not definitly because I've checked everything in the tutorial and it doesn't seem to be 2) either.
I'm lost. I've played around with some of the settings in the Define sites window but still get the same error message. I don't have any idea where I went wrong. Does any one have any advice?

Go open the PWS when the interfance is up go to advanced options check here if ur folder [blue]"c:/interpub/MyTutorialSite"[/blue] is a web share i dont think it can be

share that folder or the folder of ur choise

the 404 error is given if the file is not found

regards ::) Unicorn11
abhishek@tripmedia.com

[red]Life is a stream who's source is hidden[red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back