Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK MCP Store???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJamesD

Vendor
Apr 20, 2006
GB
Now i'm certified, I want to order a couple of MS polo shirts so I can walk around the datacentre looking like a right plum.

I went to the MCP store, - only $12.99 for a polo shirt, - lovely price I thought.. - but the shipping is bloomin' $40 !!

Is there anywhere in the UK I can order MS merchandise from does anyone know?

MCSA (2003)

Not that I am aware of, the shipping fees have put me off ordering from the MCP store as well.

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Check with your local Microsoft folks mcp@microsoft.com should be able to tell you for sure.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Cheers - i've fired them an email

MCSA (2003)

Nice one, please do post back with the outcome.

Paul
MCSE

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

I know you can find some of the same shirts on EBAY-

I bought a few polo shirts for 1/2 price-

maybe try there

Yeah, - ebay looks to be the best bet, - although i've just had a look on there, and got a better view of the polo shirts, and they look decidedly cheap n nasty!

After going around the houses i finally got a response (just now).

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact eCompanyStore.

Unfortunately, we do not have any store within Europe.

If we may be of further assistance to you, please let us know. Have a
great day!

Best regards,

eCustomerCare

- Trusted to Deliver by the World's

Leading Companies!

MCSA (2003)

PJamesD,

How funny :)

I am in Florida and bought a photographers vest online from Great Britian and paid only $7 postage.

I also bought router parts from Hong Kong - same thing - postage was not bad at all.

I can not believe that it would cost Microsoft anywhere near $40 to send it - are you sure that is not the option where Bill comes out and fits it for you himself ;-)

I would send a letter or email to Gates or Balmer themselves and at least thank them for the support - I mean it is advertising for them - with the cost of exams they should give you one :)

Good luck!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back