Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK/England/Birmingham based Training Centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLad

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
GB
Guys

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend any Training Centres in Birmingham, England (UK)? I have had a quick Google and most of the prices are out of my reach (£1500 GBP per course - 2 training courses required for CCNA).

I have seen cheaper alternatives but they do not offer the exam at the end. Please can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

TheLad,

I would look into a Cisco Network Academy - they are all over the world - here is just one I found in Birmingham, England, in the USA these are located at community colleges where are relativly low cost to attend!

You can read about Cisco Network Academies here -

You can search all the locations here (they had a bunch in the United Kingdom)-

Cisco Network Academy Details -

Contact Information

Academy/Institution Name: Birmingham City University
Academy/Institution Name (in local language):
Address Line 1: Technology Innovation Centre
Address Line 1 (in local language):
Address Line 2: Millennium Point Curzon Street
Address Line 2 (in local language):
City: Birmingham
State/Province/Territory: West Midlands
State/Province/Territory (in local language):
Postal/Zip Code: B4 7XG
Country/Entity: United Kingdom
Phone: (0)44-121-331-5400

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

TheLad,

You said -"I have seen cheaper alternatives but they do not offer the exam at the end." WHO CARES if they offer the exam or not at the end - if the price is right, you can always go to a test center and take the CCNA test when you are READY !!!!!!

We DO NOT offer the exam at the Cisco Network Academy I teach at because 1) We are not a test center - no big deal!!! 2) Since we were not an "Exam Cram Class", not all students are ready to take the exam at the same time when the class was over!!

I took one of those 3 day "Exam Cram Classes", for Network + (was a free class paid by my job) and they TAUGHT US THE TEST - I was already a CCNA, so was not a big deal to me, we all took the exam on the last day :) I was glad I was not paying to learn something :)

Just some thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Have you thought of the Open University, they run a course T216 Cisco Networking (CCNA), which uses the Cisco Network Academy. The CCNA Exam is not included, but I just booked it myself at a local test centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back