Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK and US Dictionaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenb

MIS
Jan 20, 2000
GB
Can anyone tell me how I can change the dictionary from US to UK without re-installing Office.<br>
The dictionary files are located in c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\proof and are used by other applications such as Exchange. The Office version is 95.<br>
I can change the dictionary in Word to UK, but it doesn't effect any of the other programs that use the shared files.

You could try this: open WIN.INI and search for the line containing the .LEX file reference. <br>
<br>
If the WIN.INI reference is pointing to a different location from the one where you've got your desired .LEX file, try copying the .LEX file into the location described in the reference. Alternatively, amend the reference to point it to the correct location for the .LEX file.<br>
<br>
Then restart.<br>
<br>
You might also have problems if you're running more than one version of Office on the machine - the .LEX files have different names in different versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back