Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UK 999 calls from LSP locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonAt

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2005
GB
CM5.2.1

2 Core Data centres (Main & ESS) with multiple gateways across the country. All ISDN circuits are in the data centres.

If a user at a gateway site makes a 999 call it will route out from the Data Centre with it's CLI, not the CLI from the "edge" site. How can I change this to reflect the Geographically specific CLI?

I was originally thinking about using ISDN unknown numbering but I can see 2 flaws in that:
1 - It will only change the DDI and not the CLI.
2 - I'd actualy have to have a valid geographic DDI to give it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Depends on your carrier.

If you are with BT, you are sunk. They won't allow you send an outbound CLI that doesn't terminate on the originating circuit. (presentation number is only a single number)

If you have a different carrier that will allow type 5 cli presentation, then you can do this. But you don't have a geographic number at the site... Also bera in mind that 999 calls will or may route to the emergency centre closest to the date centre location - not always teh most appropriate

Do you have gateways / port nets at each site? You could add an anlogue line or BRI at each site and route out of that for emergency calls. This is really the best option

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks Matt,

I am happy to do this with the sites that have local gateways but it's likely that we'll be rolling out sites that are simply end-point registrations and therfore won't have an local trunks. As you'd expect, we've also got a plethera of carriers (BT are one of them) for resilience purposes.

I've just stumbled across what may turn out to be the answer. CAMA, ELIN & CESID all seem to have some relationship to it and I found them in the Aura Admin guide. The trouble is I've heard (still checking) that Ofcom are making this a mandatory reg in May.

SimonAT - it would be interesting to know what the 999 operators actually see as the presented CLI given carriers often override any blocking or forced CLI presentation to certain emergency services.

I'd be keen to know how you get on with this as it's made me think about some end-point services we will be providing in the future and the impact this will have (why can't things be simple?!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back