Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UIP Director Clearing 'This user alreay logged in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngschmidt

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2010
US
We can see that the user is not logged in via the ConcertoAgentPortal

Any idea on how to clear this? Restarting Tomcat and JOCRAM has done so in the past but we are in production.

UIP 6.6 SP2

I know exactly what you describe supporting 2 UIP 6.62 systems for awhile. There are several tricks to clear this. You know one of them. I want to spare you from a long post. Let me know if you want more detail. One EZ trick shared to me from a good Aspect engineer is to simply tell the agent try to login at least 3 times unsuccessfully. He claims Centercord will log out the user and the 4th attempt should succeed. It has been my experience that this works 80% of the time. You would think the user would do this automatically, but sometimes ours give up after 1 or 2 tries which isn't sufficient to trigger the embedded fix.

There is another very devious method that works without restarting Tomcat and Joram. I assume you are familiar with using the ConcertoAgentPortal to logout users who you CAN SEE are logged in. ConcertoAgentPortal is your friend. If you have an INVISIBLE user (which does happen rarely), can may find the affected user's <agent ID #> in the Centercord logs from the beginning of the rep's shift. This is not the easiest thing in the world to find, but it can be done if the logs are there. Then go to the ConcertoAgentPortal as if you intended to logout a VISIBLE user. Before you click the button to log out that user, you should be able to "adjust" (HACK) the URL of ConcertoAgentPortal and change the agent ID to the one you really want to remove. Depending on the browser you are using, you might have to do a refresh for the URL at some point and it may ask you to authenticate again. That is a good sign it is going to work. Do so at your own risk as you could easily eliminate a working user by mistake or otherwise confuse the system (which is usually a little confused anyway). I've done this several times when necessary (had a VIP user locked out) and avoided a complete downtime for the portal.

There can also be another simple solution. I am assuming you have only one portal. We have multiple portal servers, so often a user APPEARS to not be visible in the ConcertoAgentPortal for Portal Server #1, but the user is really logged in Portal Server #2, 3 or 4, etc. Get in the habit of checking all your portals; you may be surprised what you see. I hope this helps you. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back