Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uh oh - I broke my panel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhythmAce

Technical User
May 22, 2001
FR
I was looking at KDE and when I went back to Gnome, the panel was gone. I didn't touch nothin' - I swear! I tried configuring the panel from the desktop manager and saved it and that didn't work. I tried rebooting and that didn't work either. What gives?

Hi,

I've done the same myself with a combination of redhat and ximian gnome...

Try from a xterm :

gnome-panel-properties-capplet

That should bring up the panel part of the control-panel. Otherwise, you can try this --> . If that doesn't work you could attempt to edit your $HOME/.gnome/session file or just remove it - you'll end up with the default desktop again.

Regards

Hi folks,

I was wondering if either of you had this problem using the gnome network configurator. If I reboot my rh7.1 server I lose internet connection unless I open network configurator and select the names tab than save and exit. Then internet connection resumes. When viewing the config files prior to and after rebooting everything seems to be in order --it's strange...

Thanks

No, I've never had that problem but I do remember reading somewhere that 'linuxconf' likes to rewrite files. You might check to see if they are both the same configs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back