Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ugrading from Access 2000 to Access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2002
US
Are there problems in upgrading from Access 2000 to Access 2003 ? Can anyone who has done this, provide some advice?

Thanks

Only trouble I had was library references, found in VBA window, Tools - References. Also, if you use some controls like the Calendar, again you need to be careful of the library reference.
Did you have something specific in mind?

You may have problems with Oulook Automation. In some cases, it is not possible to print fonts vertically.

Almost all my databases are still in Access2000 format. I open them with Access2003, and have had no problems. I've never seen the need to use the Access2003 format (and Microsoft seems to be in implicit agreement, considering that the default format when you create an MDB in Access2003 is still 2000).

The only problem I found was that I had to move the reference to DAO to the top. Everything else worked fine.

The only issue I had was with some corrupt form controls causing the Access process to crash. Fortunately the form in question didn't have too many controls so if didn't take much trial and error to locate the culprit. Deleting and recreating the control solved the problem.

Other than that the conversion process was very easy. It usually is with MS Office.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Hi Threepoint,

Make sure you get the latest Access 2003 service release SP3

Then, as others have also perhaps mentioned:

1) Makesure old code compiles
2) Open references of old code and make note of order
3) Convert to 2003/XP
4) Close old module and Open New 2003/XP file
5) Verify References
6) Compile and Save New 2003/XP

Should work like a charm

The real trick is the next version of Access (2007)

Hope This Helps,
Hap...

Access Developer [pc] Access based Accounting Solutions - with free source code
Access Consultants forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back