Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ugly develoments...after cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

2hot

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
IE
Dears

I have a problem with my PC. I had it turn-apart, dusted and reassembled but ever since I conducted that cleanup exercise the system has not been the same.

I get "Program cannot continue" error almost always. The title bar fountain fill colours are now rather stripped instead of the usual smooth gradient. There is an ugly red pattern that displays on the screen before the "Safe to shut down" message. The LED on my FDD flashes sometimes like a CD-ROM LED. Most annoying of all is that I can't work! I am always interrupted by one error message or the other. I also had the HDD formatted and then I installed win98 SE (it was running ordinary Win98 before)

What is wrong? I need help...

Did you install the correct drivers for the video and other devices? Are you getting the same amount of memory? Have you tried reseating the memory? Are you positive you put everything back the way it was? have you tried reinstalling all the drivers

How did you clean it? You may have static electricity damage..... Jim

[cat2] [americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back