Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ufsrestore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
IN
Sun OS 2.6
I have restored database on /d01 wih ufsrestore. After completion I havent rebooted system or unmounted fs.
Particular area is empty in /d01(ls -al) . Not able to get any data. Previous data before restoration process on /d01 is also not available.
FS /d01 showing 1GB used space (df -k)
Plss help urgently.

Please re-post your question to the MIS/IT | Sun: Solaris forum. I think you'll have more success there.

there not enough data to analyze. Was the box rebooted since? If there's still used space, there's probably still inodes in use.(check with lsof or fuser), unix does not release space until the resource is busy, even the request is pending . Have you tried the -s mode and mount root fs ? Restore it in that mode but exit later to OF with reboot, otherwise system will try to restore the super-block and inode status from cashed data.
There not naught data to analyze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back