Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ufsrestore on a ZFS solaris 10 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcny33

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
US
Hello,

We recently have been playing around on a test server with ZFS and solaris 10. We are using an old blade 1000 as our test server. We have two internal drives in which the Solaris 10 ZFS system was installed and these drives are considered to be mirrored under the zfs solaris 10 system. My problem is that i'm trying to do a ufsrestore from tape to the new system. Wanted to try and restore a directory under /usr system. But for some reason and its only on the /usr filesystem of the newly installed solaris 10 zfs that I get the following error?? Can anybody shed some light??

"xtrmap: current record not TS_ADDR"

That shows up after it almost looks like its going to get me to the ufsrestore prompt and then it just goes back to the command prompt. I know the tape is good as I can use it to restore the same thing that I wanted to restore to the /usr file system to the /(root) filesystem or even /var for that matter on the newly installed solaris 10 zfs... Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
bcny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back