Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UDT Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl1tech

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
US
I have a CS1000E on Succession 7.5 and UDT PRI cards. The UDT's are configured and working, but on an older firmware release (AB15). After disabling the MSDL in LD96 and loop in LD60, the firmware upgrade is attempted via the UPGUDT Loop-Shelf-Card command, in this case UPGUDT 4 1 4. Every attempt returns the same result:

>ld 143
CCBR000
.upgudt 4 1 4
.Starting to process UDT upgrade request. Old version was AB15
MGC received UDT loadware, Starting to erase flash
Done with erasing flash, starting to download
XMI001 4 1 4 DTI/PRI

CCBR034 UDT upgrade Fail message arrived from MGC
UDT upgrade failed. Loop 200 [4 1 4] err 1

I have verified that PSDL is not running in background (i.e., scheduled M3900 set firmware updates) and that the AB17 loadware patch is properly installed, but always the same result. All MGC's are registered to the security domain, including 4-1. The call server has all the current PEP's as well.

Any thoughts on this? It seems very straightforward, but does not seem to function properly. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I've seen multiple solutions regarding UDT when I was looking for something else yesterday on the Avaya website. I'd suggest starting there because there seems to be multiple issues and resulting fixes; most involve SFTP issues.

My observation: UDT card issues in 2012 are the TMDI issues of the circa 2000-2003ish era; been there, done that. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a young goat to your TMDI (or UDT) card to get them to work. [sadeyes]

if you have a clock on it, disable that on the card as well, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back