Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UDP Sockets VC++(not .net) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bajarich

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
US
I posted a thread yesterday and got a response, however, is the .poll member function in visual c++ 6(I think it's 6, I'm not at work right now, but we run windows 2k and I know it's not .net). At anyrate, I'm using the async socket class.

Is the .poll still a work around in someway? I was playing around with this before I posted my message yesterday and it wasn't a member function of the class I'm using.

Thanks

If it's not a member function of the class, then you need to use the global function of the same name, and somehow get out of the class the actual socket descriptor itself to use with that function.

--

I'm not sure if it helps, but under UNIX sockets you would be using a select call, which would poll all the open requests for received data. There has to be some analog to that in your class methods; it is very basic to the socket paradigm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back