Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UDP Calling Plan on S8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman11

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2005
US
I’m trying to have my s8700 communicate with an IPO 406 through a VCM card in the IPO. When reading the documentation it is saying that we have to set up a 5 digit extension on both sides. We are currently using 4 digit extensions at all my locations. Does it have to be a 5 digit or can it be a 4 digit?

I think they recommend 5-digit for scalability and growth. It should work with 4 if you dialplans line up accordingly.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Hitman11,

since the s8700 you're running is at least cm1, you can skip this requirement. i agree with 98Converter, the main reason should be scalability. but modern dial plan management in cm1+ allows us to slice it as precisely as we want, down to the tenth. i don't think it's wise to have a global headache like expanding the enterprise dial plan just to connect to one small ip office. there is no technical requirement at all, believe me, there's even no concept of 'dial plan' in ip office. so go ahead and connect it without any changes to your established scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back