Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UDF problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

manimal

Programmer
Feb 23, 2002
NZ
I've written a simlple UDF that takes input from a input box on a form and formats it for display on a webpage. I'm using the Fusebox methodology and I've stored the UDF in app_local.cfm (where I store local variables for the fuse).

function text2html (text_input)
{
//Trim leading and trailing white spaces
trim (text_input);
//Convert text to HTML format
HTMLEditFormat (text_input)
//Return formatted HTML
Return text_input;
}

But it keeps returning the following error:

Just in time compilation error

Invalid parser construct found on line 29 at position 14. ColdFusion was looking at the following text:

text2html
Invalid expression format. The usual cause is an error in the expression structure.

Every thing seems to be in order but for somereason it keeps giving me an error - any ideas guys???

Not up on my UDF yet but could it be that there is no ; at the end of

HTMLEditFormat (text_input)

?

The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked

Thanks twcman, tried that but it didn't make a difference - the parser seems to keep throwing an error as soon as it gets to text2html... I'm sure it's something simple but, as always, it's the simple thing that are some times the hardest to fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back