Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCX250 internal PRI card

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlyhex

Technical User
Feb 26, 2009
CA
Hi there, new to the UCX world and am in the process of setting up a 250 with a PRI. Any documentation help I could get would be nice as there isn't a lot on the website.
First question is there are dip switches for E1 and T1. I am in Canada so I would assume the T1 setting will work for a PRI?
Also there is a dial that I have no idea what it does.
There are 2 pins for clocking but no shorting bar so I assume that can be left open?

Yes T1, E1 is Europe.

Where is the "dial"?
This guide is the one I was looking at earlier.

Have you thought about using SIP trunks instead? or is it a swap out?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It is a swap out and they are under contract for another year unfortunately.
Thanks for the help I'm sure there will be more questions to come.

Um yeah I need a link to documentation and to how this PRI works. Also wondering if I need a license? The document i am looking at is talking about Dahdi trunks and then making SIP trunks. Any PRI I have worked on is pretty basic and you just need to change a couple of settings. Or am I missing something?

The documentation is here

You need a license to use a PSTN card. As far as I know, a license for the system with the PSTN card option is automatically generated for UCX systems when you purchase them with PSTN hardware or when you add PSTN hardware to an existing system. Maybe you just need to retrieve the current license - you can do that using System - Licenses - License Entry page (click on the Retrieve and Apply button).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back