Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCx20 & Other IPBX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORPG

MIS
Jul 17, 2014
US
We have a UCx 20 and want to connect it to another IPBX (not Emetrotel) using a VPN. We want the same dialing plan for both. I am told it is not possible. Comments please?

I'm going to make a few assumptions because the question is a little vague. If the other system is a IP PBX then I would assume it can handle SIP trunks. If it can Handle SIP trunks then you can connect to it via SIP. When you mention dialing plan are you referring to the Outbound dialing plan? If each site has it's own PSTN Trunking then yes, they can have the same dial plan. If for some reason you are referring to the Numbering plan for Extensions then yes it can still be done but an additional Access code is needed for the outbound route.

We have connected UCx to Avaya IPO and Call Manager via SIP trunks and it is flawless.

I am sure you will get some more responses form others that have connected to other systems than Avaya.

Hope this helps.

Indeed, it is not clear what you mean by "We want the same dialing plan for both".

You should start by connecting the two PBX systems using a SIP trunk. This trunk should be used for outbound routes to the other system.
Once that is done, you could configure both systems to use an identical numbering plan - the same extension range(s), the same way to make outbound calls, the same ring groups, etc. - to dial extensions on the other system, you'd need to use a prefix in the outbound route.
If you actually meant that you'd like to use a "coordinated dialing plan" on both systems, that can be done, too (at least on the UCx side - but likely should be also possible on the other IP PBX). If the extension ranges on the two systems don't overlap, all you'd have to do is to configure the outbound route with the other system's extension range.

Folks, thanks for your help! As I know it, your comments reflect what we have already done. However, I have passed it to our IT guy. There must be a glitch that we missed. I will let you know how it works out.

try setting up sip or iax2 trunks and don't use the vpn to see what happens

Thanks to all!! It was a simple fix actually. We took the day off came back, found the glitch (site name) and it work fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back