Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCx supports IPE? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikicom

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2014
US
There is some question whether IPE is supported. In another thread it was said yes, through MGC card as a controller. Does that limit the number of voice calls to 32?

The maximum number of voice calls that can be handled by the MGC depends on the DSP daughterboard(s) on the MGC. You can have DB 128 (NTDW78) and DB 32 (NTDW62) installed at the same time - that would give you 160 DSP ports - enough for calls on all ports of 10 digital line cards.

At this time you're not able to use the IPE shelf. I got the following from E-Metrotel.

right now we can support the Option 11 cabinets, Option 11C Mini cabinets, and CS 1000 wall mount or the rack-mount Media Gateway cabinets. The larger system IPE shelves would need to have the XDLC digital line cards relocated into 10-slot wall mount cabinets in order to support the digital phones from an Option 51-81 style system.

Thanks for replies...I am looking to replace 800 seat call center with Taurus sets, so it looks like it will have to be another solution.

Still may be worth looking into in place of a complete forklift. You can pick up the Cabinets dirt cheap, the MGC cards is all you'll really have to pay for.

I agree with Hawks... You can pickup a old Option 11C system fairly cheaply and still use your Taurus's. The main cost of any system is going to be the end-points, so if you go with another solution you are probably looking at $120,000+ on the low-end, just to replace your endpoints.

However, I would investigate how good the ACD is in the system and see if anyone on an asterisk based system is running a 800+ seat callcenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back