Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCX=Solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

theislandtech

Technical User
May 29, 2013
US
No new threads in two weeks! UCX must have it together!!

Well Meridian1/CS1000 Analog Phones are now supported on Release 4.5. That's some new news......

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Yeah that's what I say lol

I really do wonder how sales are doing with our vendors here?.
Are the nortel customers going more with the "other products" still or 50/50 or what?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Emetrotel
Alive and well in Southern Ontario.

Owner
Sideline Telephone Service Inc.
Canadian - Reseller

One of the largest E-MetroTel Distributors in the GTA is installing up to 3 new UCx systems a week. I believe business is alive and well with them too. He said they used to install BCM's constantly, but the UCx has taken over where the BCM has left off.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

We have installed several including a couple of multi-site systems with Remote Digital Gateways, Remote IP sets, etc. and have no issues. One of the key parts is to make SURE the customer network is reliable and has enough bandwidth.
In addition, since we are a stocking distributor, we have resellers in several states who are selling\installing as well. E-Metrotel has been quick to correct any potential issues in software when required and is MUCH faster to do it than Nortel was. Being a former Nortel employee and part of the ITAS Tech Support group as well as a designated SME for BCM, I remember the long process of getting updates, etc. So far, with E-Metrotel, sometimes it has been HOURS or a few days instead of weeks or months.
We are quite comfortable with the system and the manufacturer.

I hope this helps and I hope I didn't "breach etiquette" anywhere here...

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back