Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCP100 Configuration Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinsonlaw22

Technical User
Apr 12, 2024
NG
Hello

I'm trying to configure my UCP100 but I'm having serious challenges, below the Install wizzard platform(ie. 10.10.10.2) it's showing me "Read Only" (please find attached copy) and I can't modify or save anything from the settings, because the save button is not active. I can't even create or save maintenance login.
Please, how do I resolve this problem?

Please if anyone can direct me on the way forward I will appreciate to your kind and prompt feedback.

Regards
Read_Only_ab2hqa.jpg

Hello @Cody64

All the four point dip switches are ON, please find the picture below
Dip_switches_moux8a.jpg

Hi,

Turn No 1 off, this is write protect.

Once you have the correct country code set and rebooted, you also need to turn off No 4 so the database is saved when the power is removed or it will default on power up. No 3 determines whether an ip phone can log on by itself or whether it needs to be preregistered in the programming.

ucp_swz2po.jpg

C64

Hello @Cody64,

Thanks for the great insight, it worked perfectly.
Please can i have your email for further guide...

I want to configure the IPCES Phone to achive two purposes,

(a) PBX --That's allow employees to make internal calls to each other.
(b) IP-PBX---The IPCES Phone granting internet network to the employees computer through LAN.

I already tried but i guess ma still missing something.
Looking forward to your kind feedback

Thanks & Regards
Ipces_LAN_Port_tjuj3p.jpg
IPCES_Phone_vmdqzm.jpg

Hello @Cody64

Please i have been waiting for your kind response here, because i started getting spamming emails after i dropped my email for your feedback.

Please with regards to my earlier question:
Now if i understand you clearly on the NETWORK aspect you said "The pass-through is enabled by default." Hence I don't need to do any special setting on the SIP Data or Data setting of the UCP Programme.

Please my major concern Now is, from the Config setting where do i go to assign extension numbers to each of the Phones?

I look earnestly for your kind feedback

Thanks

tectips_m6t7xt.jpg
@robinsonlaw22

program 105 when you login is where you can change extension numbers

i personally delete all the extension numbers from the entire range then only enter than ones i need .

Hello @Martinhodge,

Thanks for your kind response, it was so helpful.
Please help me to interpret the outcome of the phone below, After programming am having two case scenario, one with station number and other without.
WhatsApp_Image_2024-05-11_at_6.57.40_AM_ks6e7e.jpg

WhatsApp_Image_2024-05-11_at_7.28.01_AM_zj2si8.jpg

how many Ip phones do you have .

how have you set up program 102 in the system.

the system will only come with 30 ip phone linceses by default .

if you are getting local no act the phone cannot see the system . plug it in where the other phone is and hit the transfer button a couple of times when powering it up

it will force the phone to look for the multicasting protocol and should reboot and reconfigure to the system.

the only reason it wouldnt is if the phone cannot get to the phone system due to vlaning or multicast blocking on the switchs

of you have run out of licenses on the system or ip address range you set is to small on the system . as its the system which supplys the phones with internal ip addresses not your dhcp server .

also you have 8000 series phones there

these are very old

they have have been superseded by the 9000 range and now you have the 1000 range of phones like the 1030i .

surprised your using them on a new ucp100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back