Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCCX CAD client using IP communicator and ext. mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimeec

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
Currently have UCCX agents using the CAD program with 7961 physical phones. The agents want to be able to take their laptops home and remote into the network and use the CAD program.

What is recommended to achieve this? I was thinking of deleting their 7961's and creating IP Communicators and associating the IPC device name with the RM_JTAPI account. Then they would just use the IPC in and out of the office with CAD.

problem is they want to use their physical phone with CAD in the office and the IPC when connecting remotley. I know I can create a unique new agent for each of them on their IPC but then they will have 2 login ID's and the reporting would be difficult to decipher.

Why not just leave the physical phones alone and create the IPC phones and assign them accordingly?

I dont see why you need to create another user account for CAD at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back