Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCA TW When UCA is hosted on MAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billz66

Technical User
Feb 21, 2010
AU
Mas 3.0 SP1
Server gateway LAN 10.xxx.xxx.xxx WAN 150.xxx.xxx.xxx
MCD 5.0 PR1

We used to have a seperate UCA server and a MAS server running MBG AWC and Nupoint.
We recently upgraded the mas and moved the UCA server onto it.
All UCA functionality is working internally and on Iphone( we are using the Mas's FQDN for UCA clients now ).
We did have some UCA TW clients that now refuse to authenticate on login.
I have changed the MBG connector address to be the lan address of the MAS 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.
The client just doesnt get past the enter the password stage , It seems like it is partially connecting as it never says it has to go to offline mode , it just doesnt accept the password.
If the client returns to the office it all works fine.

Hi,

Did you have any luck getting your UCA clients to work in teleworker mode? We have recently had a new install done of MCD 5.0 and MAS 3.0 and the softphones just wont connect in teleworker mode. They do work fine in the office and over VPN. 5320 phones do work in teleworker mode remotely.

Yes , the fix is to go to the UC folder and delete it

UC folder is here
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mitel

Then try again and requet the certificate.
Not sure exactly what in the UC folder stuffs it up but this certaintly works

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, this hasn't resolved my problem though. Has anyone else had this problem with UCA in teleworker mode?

I take it that you have added them as devices in the MBG ?
you need to add the dummy mac frm the tunnel.ini file

Hi ya,

Yes, added the mac of the UCA client as a minet device in MBG, the mac can also be found in the cert request you send from UCA. It still refuses to connect in teleworker mode though. Just get the notification that the login ID or password is incorrect. Yet I can log onto the the /ucweb page no problem. It's very anoying, Mitel are looking into the problem.

what fqdn did you use for the UCA client

On ours the fqdn was the one used by the awcportal

awc.company.com.au

We originally used that for the UCA clients as well but that name is accessable from the internet which meant the client got a response when remote.

I chaned the uca clients to use awc.company.local which works internally but not remotely.
Then I had to do the delete the uc folder and re obtain the certificate.

once that was done when started remotely , the client gets no response from awc.company.local and then tries the TW settings.

Only other issue I can think of is that you have the ports open for UCA 36005-36007 etc.

older software allowed using the IP of the MBG. New requires a FQDN. CAn you check that?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

A rebuild of the MAS and an updated version of the UCA client fixed the problem. Due for release shortly apparently.

Yep Its seems to be fixed now with MAS 4.0/UCA 5

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back