Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCA Console transfer to NuPoint voicemail "Enter PIN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlwind5uk

Technical User
Aug 25, 2011
GB
Hi All,

I have an odd occurrence at a site running NuPoint 6 (on MAS) and UCA Console (latest). On incoming calls, they use the "direct transfer to voicemail" button if a user doesn't want to take the call. BUT, randomly, occasionally they get the NuPoint message centre "Enter PIN". They only find out when the caller comes back to them. But if they do exactly the same for the same user and same mailbox - it transfers to voicemail.

I can't figure out why it will randomly go to Message Centre, rather than the mailbox, other than user error?

Has anyone come across this before?

The call flow is SIP trunk -> IP Device Only Call Reroute Always to NuPoint -> Call Director for schedule etc -> ACD Path. It's the agents who use the UCA console.

Any help would be appreciated!

We had something similar , it turned out that we had set the console operator to not require a pin for their nupoint mailbox

When they used the console trf to vmail it resulted in the enter pin being played.

i think in the background it expects the console user to be prompted for a password and dials some digits to bypass that and allow the call to be transferred

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

whirlwind5uk, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but could you let me know how you are programming the ""direct transfer to voicemail" button" with the NuPoint system? I'm just working on just that...

A word of comfort, I also have a nupoint system which decides to ignore my call forwarding about once every 2 weeks, but works just great the rest of the time...:-/

there is no programming , its a feature of the MiCollab(UCA) Console

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

ah... that would explain why I can't find that, my poor attendant runs off a 5312!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back