Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ubiquiti USG and VPN phone....does it work yet? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

headcase69

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
US
Just wondering if anyone has set up a VPN phone using a Ubiquiti USG....

I'm wondering the same thing. I have the UDM Pro which is similar to the USG.

I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it but i have VPN working from my laptop outside of my house into the UDM Pro but would like to get one of the 9600 series IP Phones working over the VPN too.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Have the same question if VPN can be established between MIKROTIK router and 9600 series IP set.

Thanks

Nikos

Seriously!!! I love the ubiquiti products and hope this can work! I’m going to try and jump into this again to see if I can get one to work. If I can remember correctly, it has something to do with the L2TP protocol?

Anyhow, these are great routers/firewalls, I just can’t believe they didn’t make it possible to do this? Then again, I do know that all equipment is different...

Hopefully someone can figure it out 👍

Nope. You'll need to use a real enterprise-class firewall.

I guess the only other way to get around it would set up a site-to-site VPN using something like an EdgeRouter at the remote site, establish the connection and then the Avaya IP Phone just talks to the IPO over the normal LAN rather than using the IP Phones inbuilt VPN.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back