Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ubiquiti Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu1979

Programmer
Sep 7, 2011
US
Looking to get some general feed back on Ubiquiti routers. Looking to do SIP trunks for a new customer that currently has a Ubiquiti airRouter installed. I've search the forum with little to no results. Any feedback, good, bad, or tech tips would greatly be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I personally don't have experience with them but our IT guy loves them. From what I can see they are very feature rich.

I owned a EdgeMax Lite to play with, they are great and have amazing throughput. However, if the AirRouter is similar to the Ubiquiti EdgeMax Router Lite, programming is very CLI heavy. Your sip relevant settings will likely be accessed through CLI.

Try this:

We have used their bridges and APs on a number of occasions and really like them. Inexpensive (relatively) and they seem to work great.

I use a lot of Ubiquiti for point to point but haven't used their routers. I occasionally use their access points but I'm not a fan of the fact that they lock to the laptop you used to set them up and you don't seem to be able to use another machine to adopt them without defaulting them.

I'm currently using a Ceisco Meraki MX60 router and running SIP through it - both a SIP trunk and ATA's with no problems. The cloud management and config makes things so easy especially setting up site to site VPN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back