Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

U.S. Robotic 5699B help

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratefan

Programmer
Jul 20, 2003
US
I just found out that USR is part of 3 Com. I had posted this in general modem forum, not knowing. Sorry.

My modem has been disconnecting on me lately. Worked fine for months. I went to usr.com and downloaded the diagnostic tool. That thing didn't recognize a modem on my system. I then downloaded the latest driver(I already had it on my machine) and loaded it. It still isn't right.

I am not sure the approach to take here. I will do a diagnostic test using XP when I shut down. I am afraid to disconnect to do it because I may not get reconnected. I understand you have to be disconnected from the modem to run that query.

If anything else I can do, please advise. Thanks.

I did the XP diagnostic on my modem. As far as I can tell, it shows nothing. I have noticed that my pages that I am trying to view will start downloading at a snail's crawl. I disconnect, and when I try to reconnect, I will have problems. It starts with a scratchy sound and then the handshake.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back