Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

U.S.R. 56k Performance Pro / Disconnect Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akitostorm

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
US
Hi there...

Here is my problem:
After using the internet for any given amount of time (5 minutes to 24 hours) my modem will disconnect. However, the "Modem" icon doesn't report being disconnected (it just sits there thinking it's online, but picking up the phone proves the line isn't busy). I've been having this problem for some time, and it's gets insanly worse when I play certian games, mainly Americas Army. I can't stay on for more than about 20 minutes (max I was online was 2 hours, but that happened once). I have no idea what is causing this and if I could get broadband today, I'd sell something. But broadband isn't an option where I live!

Help! Ahhh!

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! This is the first time I have found somone else with the same problem as me. If anyone has ANY information about this, please let me know.

System:
1.6ghz Athlon XP
A7N8X Deluxe ASUS MB
512meg PC2700 DDR memory (Corsair brand)
56K Performance Pro USR modem
GeForce 4 ti 4400 video card (128 meg memory)
(Onboard sound)

Akitostorm, please post your system setup if you could... and anyone who can answer this question... PLEASE help us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back