Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TZ variable - Posix format vs Olson format with Informix database

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa2nc

Programmer
Jun 9, 2008
US
I am running AIX7.1 TL1 SP2
I have a problem with the TZ variable set to Olson format. I am supporting servers in Spain and I am using TZ=Europe/Madrid. The system time is reported correctly as Tue Feb 26 20:54:00 CET 2013.
My problem is that when we perform a SQL query, SELECT CURRENT, the time reported is off by 7 hours and appears to be the OS default (CST6) from Texas. I really like Texas, but I need my Informix application to report the correct time in Spain.

Is Informix reading the TZ variable and trying to do its own calculation instead of getting the time from the OS? I'm just guessing it will work if I change the TZ variable back to Posix. I have opened a PMR with IBM and they have a fix for exactly the opposite problem (which I have also experienced) where the Posix format causes system time issues.

I can change the TZ back to Posix format, but is this really the right fix?
Thanks and Saludos.

Problem solved.
I discovered that the servers had not been rebooted after the TZ variable was changed.
Now it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back