Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TZ 100 Dual ISP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaleeu

MIS
Jun 1, 2012
ZA
Hi,

We have two ISP's on completely different ranges. One is set up on X1 and the other on X2. I want to use the one on X1 for downloading, mail, VPN etc. The one on X2 must be used for uploading / Video Conferencing etc. I have looked at the routing interface on the TZ 100 and I think it may be possible. Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

You are going to download on the interface you connect out with. You can use static routes to specificly say ie. 192.168.200.x or range of IPs goes out to the internet via X2, so that would mean 192.168.200.x uploads and downloads on X2.

You can also specify the routes to say ie. port 25 taffic always goes out on X2 where all other ports would by default use X1. So if you are using a particular port for video conferencing you can force just that port(s) to use X2.

You can also do this with NAT Policies. In the policies you would have to change the end part of them stating which connections/interfaces to use. Again you can speficy this by port(s), IP ranges, both, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back