Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tyring to setup Hot Desking

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosfrank

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have several office where agents share desks and phones while they are in the office. I DO NOT want to setup a calling group. Rather than the attendant park calls and announcing, can I use Agent ID button to identify which user is at phone? Magix v4 r7.

The Agent ID feature is only available when agents are in a calling group and only provides tracking info for TSAPI software applications (like tracking the hours an agent is logged in/out of the calling group). It does not really do anything else.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

You could try giving each agent a phantom adjunct, and have them use the Follow-Me feature to bring their calls to whatever extension they happen to be sitting at. It may not work with adjuncts, you may have to burn analog ports, or even unused ports on a voice mail card.

TouchToneTommy,

So if I am reading manual correctly, the user would just pickup the phone, FEATURE and 34, and then their extension.

Or do I have to perform some other function first?

Thanks,

Yes, that's pretty much it. Feature 34 + sending extension will make calls "follow" to the extension that entered the code.

Feature *34 + sending extension number will cancel the follow-me

When users "share desks" then only one person has the extension of the actual phone, the others must be adjuncts, or "phantom" extensions. Then as TTT says, they can use the follow me feature to be "logged in anywhere. There will be an issue with voicemail message waiting indicators, but they will just have to work that out.

Caution: if you are in a competitive sales scenario, this could be a disaster, as someone would quickly figure out they could answer $ale$ calls from many agents from their one phone. You might want to have them use the forward feature on an adjunct, and give each of them an authorization code, so that code would have to be known in order to forward the calls.

Pepperzgm at gmail dotte comm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back