Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typing in code

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfd777

Programmer
Sep 21, 1999
IE
This has happened to me a number of times on different workstations. Has anyone out there any suggestions.

When typing in code in a module, two things happen. When you hit the space bar the cursor automatically moves back to the left unless you type within a second or two. The text is also highlighted in red.
The second thing that happens is that the autolist members drop down appears for only a second or two and won't stay long enough for you to select anything. I have tried numerous combinations of the coding options under toos --> options, but to no avail!:-(

Hi!

I have never heard of anything like that in Access. I know you said that you tried it on several workstations, but it sounds like something that would happen when the monitor malfunctions. That's the only time I have observed that type of problem.

hth
Jeff Bridgham

is it possible you have a timer on one of your forms which is kicking in every few seconds? I've had something like that happen to me before when I'm in debug mode. Like, if you're stepping through the code on one form, you might have another form open in the background that has a timer event running.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back