Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typing HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 3, 2003
US
Hello,
I've got version 10 and I am having a problem typing. When I hit the spacebar between words, the curser jumps about 30 spaces over. When I view it in outline form, there is a sideways 8 next to the curser. If anyone can help I appreciate it because its driving me mad!!!

Have a look in the Paragraph palette (Window > View > Paragraph). In the flyout menu, make sure 'show options' is checked, and look at the settings for word spacing. If it's greater than 100%, that could be your problem. I'm not sure why you're getting that symbol though - that usually signifies the end of a block of text.

Another possibility is the alignment you are using. If you are using 'Justify All Lines' (the top right icon in the paragraph palette), and creating a text block, that might be causing unpredictable results. Try one of the other text alignment options instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back