Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typed DataSet Vs Un-Typed DataSet

Status
Not open for further replies.

meinhunna

Programmer
Jul 31, 2004
AU
I. Could some please throw some light on Typed and Un-Typed DataSet. Have gone through couple of articles but still confused. Also, which one is better to use?

II. Also I going through a form developed by a team member. Apparently he has created couple of DataSet’s at design time. I am not used to this practice and always initialize them at run time. Is there any benefit of creating them at design time?

Please help. Thanks

There was a great article I read once almost a year ago that dealt with the (dis)advantages of Typed Datasets. I can't remember enough of it to give you any details though.

As for 2, The only advantage I know of is that it looks pretty and you can bind a crystal report to them at design time. I am a strong opponent of binding data to the GUI though, so I personally would advise against it.

-Rick

----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back