Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type Tree Padding 6.7 vs 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mseedig

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
We are attempting to migrate all of our 6.7 processing to 8.1 and I've been having a lot of headaches. One new thing just surfaced this morning. We have a map that translates an Ansi X12 transaction to a flat file. One particular field is set in the type tree to pad with <SP> to a fixed length of 8 in the translation. When we run the map under 6.7, it pads with <SP> to a fixed length of 8, no surprise. However, when we run it under 8.1, it pads with 0 to a fixed length of 8. I double and triple checked the type tree, and it is in fact set to pad with <SP>, and has been analyzed multiple times. Anyone have any ideas why it would pad with <SP> under 6.7 but pad with 0 under 8.1?

Never mind. :)
After beating my head against the wall over this, once I posted the question then I found the answer. Wish they were all that easy! Now on to the next challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back