Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type tool makes Photoshop quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLF06

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
Using Photoshop CS3 with Mac OSX 10.5.5.

Every time I click on the type tool, or press T, it freezes and shows a window saying "could not complete your request because of a program error". Then I have to force-quit to get out of it. Seems to be only the type tool which is faulty.

When I re-open PS, it loads in 3-4 seconds which is suspiciously fast (I'm using a late-2005 G5 desktop dual 2GHz with 2.5Gb RAM).

And as usual I'm in the middle of an urgent job. Help!

Just a wild guess that maybe the preferences are messed up.

See my post on thread229-1513994

...if preferences clean out doesn't work, then you may have some dodgy fonts in your system folders...

...it is good practice to keep your system as clean as possible from fonts, other than the system essential fonts...

Andrew

Big thanks mscallisto – your link worked fine. I was actually trying to chuck away the preferences like we used to, but didn't know this current procedure.
All fine now, so thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back