Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TYPE IN PROMPT Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontility

MIS
May 19, 2004
US
Hello all:
There must be something I overlooked..this is my situation:
I created a TYPE in prompt on the catalog level that asks the User to type 'D' if they want Day students, 'E' if they want Evening students and 'A' or nothing if they want both day and evening students. Then my problem starts when I open a report that I want to have this prompt, I go query --> filter (tab) then in the window i put in acad_prog like .... then on the left It doesn't let me get to the catalog columns folder to select the type in prompt I created.
Note:
If I create this prompt on the report level, I will be able to see this prompt in the prompts manager...any idea on what I'm overlooking here will be greatly apprecaited

John Organ
MIS

Good day Jontility

I am not sure if I understand correctly but, I would say that you are not supposed to look for the prompt in the catalog columns but you need to look for the prompt that you have created in the Prompt Manager ooption on your left hand side. At first you would select your column on the left hand side by going to the catalog columns but then, after that you go to Prompt Manager i.e:

acad_prog between MyPrompt and MyPrompt

Hope this helps :)

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

Thanks Reece....that did it for me..Thanks again

John Organ
MIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back