Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type ahead not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaar

Technical User
Jun 29, 2000
GB
I use my mail file locally on my laptop. I also have a local copy of my companies address book. When I am creating a new memo, my type ahead function does not work. No changes have been made to any preferences. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

lamaar75@hotmail.com

Hi Lamaar,

go to File-Tools-User Preferences.
Click the mail icon on the left.
Where it shows local address book, type in the names of the address books stored on your machine.
Ideally they should be in the notes\data directory, but if not just use the browse button to locate them.
Type ahead should work from any address books specified here, in the order in which you specified them.
hope this helps

Jon

Jon,

Thanks. However, the address book is already specified in here. It used to work fine. I managed to get round this by first refreshing the views of the address book. This worked for a while but I eventually had to recreate another copy. It works fine now.

Lamaar75@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back