Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type 32 Auto Attendant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsty

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
Found a good one today........

If a Auto Attendant tries to dial an extension that has a mailbox which has a subscriber extension different than that of the mailbox itself, the auto-attendant routes the call to the subscriber ext...

I've never seen the Subscriber extension be used for anything other than controlling what message light to light.

Anyone run into this before ??

Yes that is what the matching mailbox flag is for in the type 32 MB

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks Ken,.,,the type 32 has check for matching mailbox set to N, should it still be dialing the "subscriber ext" ?

Well it depends on what you want it to do. Are you saying that if they dial 1000 and the ext number in the mb profile is 1002 that you want it to dial 1000 and not the users ext number?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

There used to be a setting in menu 2, "verify extension" If this is set to "Y", then dialing a number that matches a maibox with an extension defined will transfer to the extension. If you set this to "n", then the system will transfer to the number dialed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back