Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

type 2 errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

desg

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
When I open some of my html files I get a type 2 error. Looking into this I am told that this is an addressing issue. I rebooted with all of my extensions in base 9.1 (mac) and could open the affected file but now other files become corrupt... Is it that pagemill is not compatable with os 9.1?
I am running pagemill on another machine with os9.04 and all seems ok.

PageMill works fine for me under OS 9.1 (G4, 128 MB RAM). I think it must be some other problem. Try quitting PageMill, then deleting the PageMill preference file (in System Folder under Preferences). Second thought - have you assigned PageMill more memory? That always seems to help eliminate Type 2 errors for me in just about every program I run.

Thanks Bill,
Been down those paths and ended up going with the basics and ordered more ram. I noticed os9.1 uses a bit more memory than 9.04. I reduced the monitor to 256 colors and found a bit more to work with. You are right about the prefs. tried it and now the page I couldn't work with works fine but another one is going wacky. Remember how simple 7.1, stable 7.5.3...
I'll get back when I boot up the ram.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.